The FBC Family
Changing the Landscape of Alaska for Generations.
First Baptist church, the first Southern Baptist church to be constituted in Alaska, was founded in 1943 by a small group of Soldiers stationed at nearby Fort Richardson and was first located in a small building at 426 West 6th Avenue.
The church quickly outgrew it's first building and built a larger one next door in 1947, almost immediately expanding the facility to accommodate 425 people. In 1953 this facility burned and was replaced by a new facility which would accommodate 600 people. The building was later sold and a new facility was built at the current location of 10th Avenue and L Street.
Throughout its history, the church has remained true to its traditions while seeking to assist in the needs of the of the congregation and community. First Baptist Church is a traditional church with a heart for missions at home and around the world. The church has been instrumental in seeing many new churches begin across the entire state of Alaska.
Throughout the church's history, God has proven faithful time and time again. First Baptist Church of Anchorage looks forward to even greater things as we join God where He is working in Anchorage, in Alaska, and to the ends of the earth.